QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR 2025 APPLICANTS
- Male or Female, Single
- Natural Born Filipino / Filipino Citizen
- Physically Fit
- Morally upright and has no derogatory record
- Born from 01-January-1998 to 31-December-2003
- Applicants must posses any of the following eligibilities;
- High School Graduate(old basic education curriculum)
- College Level
- Senior High School Graduate/Graduating Student
- ALS Passer
- Minimum height of 5 ft. 4 in. (162.5 cm) for MALE and 5 ft. 2 in. (157.5 cm) for FEMALE applicants
- Has a GPA of at least 83%
- Has never been officially admitted at MAAP
Applicants must pass/ meet standards covering four stages:
- MAAP Entrance examination inclusive of IQ /Aptitude / emotional intelligence / personality /psychological/neuro-psychiatric tests.
- Personal interview to be conducted by the BOA members
- MAAP Medical criteria inclusive of physical, drug, lungs, dental, laboratory, audio test and color blindness (ISHIHARA) test, visual acuity for far vision should be at least 20/30.
- Orientation training for two months (June-July) inclusive of refresher classes in Math and English and semi-regimental training.
- Scholarship grant
- Free board and lodging
- Insured while enrolled in the Academy
- In-house shipboard training
- Personality, character, and leadership development through physical fitness, emotional literacy, NROTC and varied extra-curricular activities
- Use of modern equipment and facilities
- Gainful employment onboard modern vessels of foreign shipping companies.
- After submission of your application, allow five (5) working days before claiming your MAAP eTestPermit through the email address you provided on this application. Kindly check your Inbox, Spam, Trash, or Junk from time to time.
- The Php 300.00 processing fee is through bank is until 28 February 2021 only.
BANK DETAILS OF MAAP
Account Holder's Name: Maritime Academy of Asia and the Pacific
Account Holder's Address: Kamaya Point, Barangay Alas-asin, Mariveles, Bataan, Philippines, 2109
Account Number(PESO): 0045-4007-6402
Bank Name: BDO
Branch Name: Quiapo Branch
- Starting 01 March 2021, we will no longer accept online payment.
Payment of Php 300.00 processing fee is in cash and shall be given on the day of your scheduled examination. Payment should be in exact amount to limit physical contact.
However, if you made an advance online bank transaction prior to 01 March 2021, we will still honor your payment. Hence, kindly bring the printed copy of your proof of payment on the date of your examination for verification.
Please remember or write down your Application Reference No.
We also advise the applicant to remember or write down his/her registered EMAIL ADDRESS as this will be needed during examination.
I confirm that I have read, understand and agree to the above requirements to begin my online midshipman application.